Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bead Soup Blog Party: THE BIG REVEAL!


I'd first like to thank Sue Hodgkinson from Hello Gorgeous for her friendship and generosity, this being the first Bead Soup Experience for the both of us ... and I'll say, I'm pretty stuffed from all those delicious beads ... and candy all the way from Wales!

And a round of applause for the bionic crafting woman that is Lori Anderson of Pretty Things!  A lot of hard work went into organizing 210 people from around the world in an international blog party!  Kudos to you, Lori, and I look forward to the next one in August!

The ingredients: Bali silver heart toggle clasp, fancy jasper teardrop focal, pink rhodonite rounds, rainbow flourite polished nuggets, green amazonite faceted coins

The ingredients: lemon jade honey nuggets, polished flourite nuggets in burnt orange, white turquoise mosaic beads, dyed agate rings

I could hardly contain myself, as soon as I received these babies in the mail, I opened up those Percy Pigs and got to work!  Letting the beads themselves inspire me, I tore through my own stash of stuff and put together a few concoctions of my own from these beautiful ingredients.  Here's what you've all been waiting for - let's start with the first 'soup'!




The Spring Getaway necklace.  The faded greens in the fancy jasper focal pendant reminded me of distant, rolling hills ... very much like the ones they must have in English countrysides.  The rich, royal colours that pop out of this pendant were complimented by the delicate pink rhodonite rounds and the polished rainbow flourite beads.  The necklace is in a v-style, the pendant hanging from a vintage San Marino souvenier charm, rescued from a broken bracelet.  (I had sent Sue a few similar charms in her soup - I'm excited to see how she had used them, too!)  I had also included two smaller green jade nuggets to pull in the green from the pendant.  It's all secured around your neck with a lobster clasp.  I also have a matching pair of earrings, but I've run out of earwires!  How could I not prepare myself?


Across the Pond necklace.  Ahhh, I really love this necklace.  I was struggling so to feature this beautiful heart-shaped Bali silver clasp, because it's just too pretty to hide in the back of your neck.  My favourite beads out of this soup were the green adventurine faceted coins, and their colour popped against the dark hues of these citrine beads, gifted to me by another very good friend, Lisa.  There's also a strand of pale yellow jade and citrine beads, with a silver sparrow charm that floats its way up and down the strand, depending on how you wear it.  (Sue has the 'sister sparrow!')  The Bali silver clasp is a off-centre focal point to this three-strand necklace, with a silver-plated chain around the back.  I love, love, love the way this turned out.  This might be a keeper for a while.

I'm very frustrated to tell you that while I'm blogging from hubby's computer and thinking that I've got everything prepared, I don't.  A few other makes are trapped on my own laptop, and the power adapter has bit the dust ... and let's add a little more insult to injury - the battery's dead!  Argh!  I'm thankful that I've got something to show you from the second batch of beautiful beads.  I'll hopefully solve the adapter/dead battery problem tomorrow!  In the meantime, let me show you these ...


The top three images are of the Desert Heart bracelet with matching earrings featured in the bottom two images.  There is a beautiful matching necklace featuring the stunning lemon honey jade nuggets Sue had sent me ... but I have to wait.  (Just to let you know, I'm really pouting right now.)  The white turquoise mosaic beads and dyed agate rings were beautifully featured in a necklace and earring set, but that'll have to wait, too.  Argh.

That's okay, more to look forward to!

Well, by the time you're reading this, I'll be working, so my blog-hopping will have to wait.  I do look forward to what everyone has created, and do recommend that you visit the rest of the Bead Soup Blog Partiers and take a look at all the reveals happening today!  Thank you very much to Sue Hodgkinson of Hello Gorgeous Design, my new friend all the way in Cardiff, Wales - a very generous and gorgeous lady who deserves all the love in the world.  I'm very glad for this experience to challenge my artistic skills as a beader and for the new friends that I've made.  And I'm also very excited to see what she's made of the 'soup' I've sent her!  Visit her blog to see for yourself!

And if you thought this was fun, you should sign up for the next one!  Lori Anderson, the wonderful person behind this very successful Bead Soup Blog Party, will be hosting her next one in August 2011.  Visit her blog, Pretty Things, for more information!  You never know - you and I might be swappin' beads in August!

Come see what the rest of us made! 

1. Our Bead Soup Hostess, Lori Anderson, Pretty Things
2. Kitty Durmaj, Perles and Life 
3.  Michelle Heim, Life In the Bead Lane 
4.  Lisa Petrillo, Lucid Moon Studio
5.  Anitra Gordy, Leelu Creations
6.  Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs
7.  Marianna Boylan, Pretty Shiny Things
8.  Cheryl Roe, BeadRoe
9.  Heidi Post, Ex Post Facto
10.  Cindy Wimmer, Sweet Bead Studio


11.  Terri Gauthier, Blooming Ideas
12.  Rachel Walsh, Balanced Crafts
13.  Marian Hertzog, M's Place
14.  Mary McGraw, MK's Musings
15.  Sarabeth Burke, Chronicles of Sarita
16.  Deci Worland, Gem Trails 
17.  Erin Prais-Hintz, Treasures Found
18.  Laura Zeiner, Stick Lizard Designs
19.  Kristin Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs
20.  Cathryn Brooks-Williams, Chile Cats


21.  Holly Westfall, Silver Rose Designs
22.  Janna Harttgen, Palima-Lim 
23.  Libby Leuchtman, Libby Leu
24.  Rebecca Anderson, Songbeads
25.  Deb Hunter, Living On Air
26.  Diana Ptaszynski, Suburban Girl Studio
27.  Jennifer VanBenschoten, VanBeads 
28.  Margot Potter, The Impatient Crafter
29.  Cyndi Lavin, Beading Arts
30.  Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul


31.  Stefanie Teufel, Stefanie's Sammelsurium
32.  Patricia Gasparino, My Life Under the Bus
33.  Tari Khars, Pearl and Pebble
34.  Kristi Bowman-Gruel, Kristi Bowman Design
35.  Jayne Capps, Mama's Got to Doodle
36.  Becky Fairclough, Chameleons Designs
37.  Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead & Metal Works
38. Lynne Bowland, Islandgirl's Insights
39.  Barbara Lewis, Painting With Fire
40.  Lorelei Eurto, Inside the Studio


41.  Stacy Hartis, Sissy & Jack's
42.  Jennifer Cameron, Glass Addictions
43.  Marcie Abney, La Bella Joya 
44.  Johanna Rhodes, Fire Phoenix Creations
45.  Nan Emmett, Spirit Rattles 
46.  Melissa Mesara, One Eared Pig  
47.  Amanda Davie, Articulations
48.  Cherin Poovey, Lanyard Lady
49.  Virginia Joste, ViviBijoux


50.  Andrew Thornton, The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
51.  Lori Dorrington, Lori's Glassworks
52.  Melanie Brooks, Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
53.  Kate Gardenghi, Tropical Blonde
54.  Serena Trent, PinkIce Jewel's Blog
55. Malin de Koning, Beading by Malin de Koning
56.  Shai Williams, Shaiha's Ramblings
57.  Francy Inman, 8 Second Studio 
58.  Amy Freeland, Copper Diem
59.  Lisa Liddy, Joolz By Lisa


60.  Sandi Lee James,  Do Be Do Bead Do
61.  Mary Harding, Mary Harding Bead Blog 
62.  Stacey Curry, Star Hitched Wagon
63.  Leslie Gidden, Mad Maggie Designs
64.  Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
65.  Niky Sayers, Silver Nik Nats
66.  Linda Djokic, Lutka and Co.
67.  Tracy Bell, Copper, Glass, and Recycled Trash
68.  Laurel Steven, Rue's Daftique
69.  Ingrid McCue, Wrapped In Silver



70.  Birgitta Lejonklou, Create With Spirit
71.  Diana Hawkey, Diana Hawkey
72.  Norma Turvey, Moonlit Fantaseas
73.  Jeanette Ryan, Jeanette Blix
74.  Jackie Ryan, Silver Lodge Gems
76.  Debbie Goering, Prairie Emporium 
77.  Valerie Norton, Hot Art 
78.  Jana Trupovniece, Stories of the Secret Garden  
79.  Amy Severino, Amy Beads 


80.  Emma Thomas, Fred Beans Nook
81.  Karen Zanco, Everyday Gypsy
82.  Suzann Sladcik Wilson, Beadphoria
83.  Janet McDonald, Singing Woods
84.  Dana James, Dana's Jewelry Designs
85.  Kristina Johansson, Wild Roses and Blackberries
86.  CJ Bauschka, CJ Bauschka
87.  Angela Barribea, Re: Angela Rae
88. Marcy Lamberson, Studio Marcy
89.  Tanya Floyd, Glass Migrations


90.  Lisa Kavanaugh, Beading Bliss
My Bead Soup Blog Partner! -> 91.  Sue Hodgkinson, Hello Gorgeous 
92.  Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Bead 
93.  Nally Parfyonova, Nally's Creations 
94.  Karyn White, Releases By Rufydoof  
95. Emanda Johnson, Artemisia Studio 
96.  Sandy Richardson, Sandy's Coloring Box
97.  Cindy Dolezal,  Cindy Dolezal Designs 
98.  Stacie Stamper, Park Avenue
99. Mallory Hoffman, For the Love of Beads


101.  Nicole Valentine-Rimmer, N. Valentine Studio
102.  Jacinta Meyers, Jamberrysong's Creations 
103.  Charlene Gary, Gray Girl Studios
104.  Rubiee Hayes, Glitter and Keys Galore
105.  Marge Beebe, Rock Creek Creations
106.  Elizabeth Freeman, Turquoise Sky
107.  Shelby Foxwell, Sundown Bead Designs Rhetoric
108.  Lynda Moseley, Diva Designs
109.  Grace Danel,  Grace Beading
110.  Lois Moon, Que Onda Quitman


111.  Agnes Shapiro, Beader Bubbe 
112.  Terry Carter, Tapping Flamingo 
113.  Judy Glende, Judith B. Designs
114.  Mary Ellen Parker, Bee Tree By Me
115. Barbara Bechtel, Second Surf
116.  Charlene Sevier, The Bead Dreamer
117. Alice Craddick, Alice's Beads and Baubles 
118.  Cory Celaya, Art With Moxie 
119.  Ronda Adams, The Ravished Heart 
120.  Sandi Volpe, Sandi Volpe Designs 


121. Anna Lear, The Laughing Raven 
122. Susie Hibdon, Vintagesusie & Wings  
123.  Amanda Austin, Sea Shore Glass 
124.  Jennifer Velasquez, Jen Judd Rocks 
125.  Hazel Ward, All Those Things 
126.  Brenda Salzano, Salzanos 
127.  Dee Gordon, Runako Designs by Dee 
128.  Anna Denisova, Anita-M 
129.  Margaret Saari, Mags-Jewelry


130.  Genea Crivello-Knable, Genea Beads 
131.  Penny Neville, Copper Penny
132.  Angela Blasingame, Hopemore
133. Helena Fritz, Beadwork by H's Blog
134. Stephanie LaRose, Confessions of a Bead Hoarder
135. Stephanie Haussler, PixyBug Designs
136. Diane Cook, Rosa & Josies  
137.  Maryse Thillens, Glass Bead Art
138.  Jennifer Pride, Jewelry by J.P.
139.  Shannon Chomanczuk, For My Sweet Daughter


140.  Lisa Godfrey, Bead Happy
141.  Heather Pyle, Welcome to My  Muse
142.  Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings
143.  Liz DeLuca, Creative Arty Facts
144.  Sig Wynne-Evans, Beaded Bear's Nonsense
145.  Loretta Carstensen, Loretta's Boutique
146.  Raida Disbrow, Havana Beads 
147.  Amber Dawn, Inventive Soul 
148.  Shelly Graves, Stars Dance With Me  
149.  Jess Italia Lincoln, Vintaj Blog 


150. JJ Jacobs, Coming Abstractions
151.  Carrie Tahquechi, Carrie T
152.  Staci Smith, Staci Louise Originals
153.  Katarzyna Kwiatkowska, Quiet Area 
154.  Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
155. Magdalena Sikora, Poranna Gazeta
156.  Nicole Keller, Nicki's Reef
157.  Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye
158.  Noemi Baena, Fire, Metal, and Color 
159. Christa Murphy, Adventures of One Beady Woman 


160.  Barbara Blaszczyk, Labotorium Flory
161.  Collette Collins, Firefly Myst
162.  Carola Greiser, Polymer Clay Shed
163.  Joanna Kopijczuk, Bizuteria z Filcu
164. LeAnn Weih, Summers Studio 
Here you are!  Thanks for stopping by! -> 165.  Cassandra Watsham, Design by Cassandra
166. Anna Motz, Stunning
167.  Shea Zukowski, Gr8findings
168.  Susan Kennedy, Sue Beads
169.  Lisa Boucher, Lisa's Clay Happenings


170.  Hope Smitherman, Crafty Hope
171.  Alison Crenshaw, Beads by Earth Tones
172.  Dorcas Midkiff, Wondrous Strange Designs 
173.  Melissa Rediger, Sea of Glass 
174.  Marina Dobrynina, Savon Feutre  
176.  Menka Gupta, Menka's Blog
177. Patsy Evins, Patsy Evins Studio
178.  Cherrie Fick, En La Lumie're
179.  Suzette Bentley, Ellie's Bijoux

180.  Molly Alexander, Beautifully Broken Me
181.  Lyn Foley, Lyn Foley Wearable Art
182. Tara Plote, The Newbie Beader's Blog
183. Natalie Schuetz, Natalie S Perlen 
184. Kim Hutchinson, Running on Ink
185. Haley Frank, Wide Eyed Smilin 
186. Grace Caputo, Suddenly Last Summer
187. Marie-Noel Voyer-Cramp, Skye Jewels 
188. Erin Siegel, Erin Siegel Jewelry 
189.  Janea McDonald, Organized Chaos

190.  Kristi Evenson, Colie Bug & Co.
191.  Linda Inhelder, Must Haves Jewelry
192.  Hilary Frye, FryeStyle
193. Whitney Lassini, Whitney Lassini
194. Nancy Schindler, The Rabbit Muse
195. Pam Brisse, The Blue Between
196. Beth Bricker, Vintage Sweets
197.  Ruthie Stickney, Rose Works Jewelry and Gifts
198.  Rose Noble, Lady Noble Designs
199. Karen Williams, Baublicious

200.  Claire Maunsell, The Next Bend
201.  Christine Damm, Stories They Tell
202.  Kerry Bogert, Kab's Creative Concepts
203.  Wendy Blum, Sand & Sea Designs
204.  Juli Cannon, Julsbeads
205.  Jenny Robledo, La Dona Boutique
206.  Krista French, French Elegant Jewelry
207.  Pam Krinski, Ewa Beads
208.  Melissa Meman, Melissa Meman, Art, Life, Love
209.  Dana Jones, Dana's Jewelry
210.  Shirley Moore, Beads and Bread


The next party's sign ups begin August 1-3, 2011.  Don't miss it!

56 comments:

hello gorgeous said...

hey gorgeous, I love, love, LOVE all the things you have created and shown so far....very beautiful!! I'm glad you had fun creating with them......

I feel I may have cheated you only creating one piece {I know you understand the reasons why}.....but let me tell ya....I had SO many ideas to create other things whilst sleeping last night! I def will be sharing a few more creations on my blog over the next few weeks!!

have a FAB weekend lovely! ;o)

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

stacilouise said...

LOVE those!!!!! Want the second one (like I need any more jewelry;)
Great work!

LeeLu Creations said...

Georgeous!! These are the types of pieces I only dream of making. Thank you for the inspiration. Great job!

rockcreekcreations said...

WOW! Wonderful work!! I"m impressed!

Kristen said...

Love the across the pond necklace, very beautiful. The colors are perfect together! Great job!

Dana said...

#209 here...beautiful...great beads...great job....

Lisa Godfrey said...

I love everything you made with that fantastic soup! I would wear each and every piece. They are all so pretty! It looks like you and Sue had a great time!

Marie Cramp said...

You did a great job creating with your beads!

Beadroe said...

Wonderful clasp and pieces.

Dee said...

Fabulous! That aventurine and citrus is beautiful..don't know that I would have ever thought to put those two together...wonderful job done with both pieces..fantastic!

EmandaJ said...

Hi Cassandra, I love the pieces you created AND the collages. Isn't the Blog Hop fun? Sort of like having a pen pal. ;^)

Emanda
ArtymeziaATyahooDOTcom

Beadbug said...

Very nice work, I love the colors.

TesoriTrovati said...

I am with you... I love that Across the Pond necklace! And clasps can definitely be a focal and this one is special, sent with love from across the pond! Enjoy the day.
Erin

Libby Leuchtman said...

You did a beautiful job. I love it all.

Stacey said...

Gorgeous designs - love the color combinations

Pretty Things said...

I SOOOO loved the soup you received, so I couldn't wait to see what you did with it! And you made everything look AMAZING! Well done!

Wendy said...

Beautiful designs! I love the focal on the last necklace! Great job! :)

Mags said...

Cassandra! Lovely pieces!! I specially like the first one <3

Kristen said...

I absolutely love how you took your inspiration from your partner and honored the english countryside. I see why you love these because I sure love them too!

Deci said...

Great work! See you in August.

steufel said...

Great job - and this heart-clasp is really to die for!

one-eared pig said...

So beautiful, and I love the "pond"!

Boot ~C said...

both sets are gorgeous

somethingunique said...

Hi Cassandra (fellow Canadian)i have been hopping along for 2 days now my eyes taking in all the wonderful creations, You did a wonderful job with your bead soup everything so creative & unique, i look forward to following your blog & catching up with all of your creations & conversations ttfn Lana from Ontario Canada :)

moonlitfantaseas said...

I love the across the pond necklace!

Angela Rae said...

Very beautifully done! Especially love the "Lemon" beads she sent you! ;)

Marcie A. said...

I love the names and color schemes for your pieces! So inspiring and just perfect. Congrats on your first bead soup! I hope you come back for seconds!

CraftyHope said...

It's a shame that you didn't get to share the rest of your creations, but the ones you were able to. . .boy howdy are they great. I especially like the across the pond one - it calls to me!

jamberry_song said...

These are great! I love the color schemes, of course, but your design really flaunts them. ;) They've got a great modern art quality that makes me think of someplace worldly, like Spain or Paris, France or NYC. Fabulous work!

Terri said...

Fabulous work..but across the pond had me at hello!!! I have notice many gave name to their pieces..I think I will do that next time. You are so Soup-er talented!

Jenni C said...

You did so many lovely pieces with your soup, great clasp, beautiful colours. Hope computer up and running again soon.
Jenni

ViviBijoux said...

Wow you've been really busy! I like the colour combo of each piece,they both unique in their own way! ^_^ Virginie ViviBijoux.com

Courtney said...

I love your work! The colors and textures. Perfect. Very yummy.

diane hawkey said...

I want to fondle your soup. I especially love the across the pond!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful soup and beautiful results! I especially love Across the Pond - it's gorgeous.

Shirley said...

Love both of them,but the Across the Pond is really grabbing me. I've already bookmarked your name to come back and see the rest of the stuff! Amazing how many problems we've had with computers and blogger, but we haven't let it stop us! This has been such a blast, hopping around, seeing so much creativity.

Jennifer Cameron said...

Gorgeous pieces and you got CHOCOLATE too? Wow! Lucky...Hope your laptop issues get resolved quickly.

Kate said...

All of these are fantastic and make me want spring to come that much faster!

Lisa said...

Lovely results! The bracelet is in such soothing colors...Like a lot!

CAG- Crafts said...

Wow, great work!

Anna Lear said...

Ooooh, these pieces are all SO pretty! I've got spring fever now... Beautiful work, and it looks like you really enjoyed the process!

Andrew Thornton said...

Such pretty pieces! You've really outdone yourself! Thank you for sharing such wonderful designs! You did marvelously!

Janet said...

Ohhhh nice Oceany colours! Lovely soup here!

KayzKreationz said...

Those turned out so pretty. Can't wait to see that last necklace. Wonderful job.

vintagesusie & wings said...

Fabulous BEAD SOUP Friend!!! I love what you designed with all your components... Beautiful work!Thanks for sharing your creativity!!
Smiles,
Susie

SueBeads said...

very nice, and you did so many pieces!

Lyn Foley Lampwork said...

You really had a large soup - or maybe you stretched it to last a long time. Really nice creations. I especially like the Orion -a diffrent take on black and not quite white. Good job

BluMoon said...

Goodness what a lot of lovely things, really beautiful!
Jackie

maneki said...

Gorgeous jewellery! I really like the colour combos in all of them and how you've linked the beads, giving each design an airy feeling.

Releases by Rufydoof said...

What beautiful pieces - both collections are so different. I love the softness of the blues but then the reds are just so striking. I love them all - well done!

Karyn
Australia

French Elegant Jewelry said...

Wow those are some awsome colorful creations I really really like them. Beautiful beads and beautiful creations.

Patsy Evins said...

Wonderful creations and soo many! Don't know which one I like the best, they are all beautiful! I wish I could have seen them draped on a bust or model! I would love to see how they hang!

Christine Damm said...

Your designs really reflect a zest for creativity! All of them were great but I liked Across the Pond the best!

Heather said...

You reminded me today what inspired me to start making jewelry. It was the beautiful stones that are out there begging to be worn as adornments: agates, jasper, citrine..Your work is stunning, the color palettes in each piece just melt in your mouth. Love your work. I am now going to try to find the pieces you couldn't photograph that day. There are benefits to being late to the party.

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can earn dollars by locking special sections of your blog or website?
Simply open an account on AdscendMedia and use their content locking tool.

Blogger said...

Are you making money from your exclusive shared links?
Did you know that Mgcash will pay you an average of $0.50 per link unlock?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...