Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Photography: Gemstones

My boyfriend, Nick and I took a trip to the Royal Ontario Museum to see an exhibit for the Ancient Egyptian Book of the Dead, which will be on display until January 2010. I love museums because they're another source of inspiration that can be shaped into something contemporary. Studying some of the most mystical times of our civilization has always been an interest of mine. As we were walking around the rest of the museum, I was fortunate enough to snap some pictures of the Gemstone Exhibit for a pallate of colours and combinations. Just check out the first few pictures of the showcases! The vibrancy of these colours are breathtaking, and what I strive to accentuate in a lot of my pieces. Take a look, and become inspired, as well!










Photography credit: Cassandra Watsham

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...