Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Colour Inspiration: Pantone Fashion Colour Report 2009

Every season, Pantone Inc., the world's leading innovators and authority in colour, pays a visit to the New York Fashion Week to survey featured designers and receive feedback "on prominent collection colors, color inspiration, color philosophy and each designer's signature shade." The result this year is the Pantone Fashion Colour Report, revealing fashion-forward optimism in Spring 2009's selection of pops of colour over deep, translucent neutral tones. In-your-face colour without being overtly offensive, all underneath it, a strong neutral colour to tie it all together. I look at possibilities like a rose-based beige with purple, black and blue-green, or a yellow-based calcite stone with dyed turquoise and tourmaline (one of my latest necklace projects!) Bright colours look best when it's 'stabilized', so to speak, by a base tone that can make the accent colour a 'complimenting contrast' (holding a fresh red rose up to a clear blue sky).

I have not attended any fashion institutes of the like, or worked under any prominent, let alone any, designers and shadowed their work, so it certainly does not make me an 'expert', so they say. No, I'm certainly no 'expert' in fashion, but I know what I like, and I know what colours make me feel good. I wouldn't stop a clothes either; I would imagine these colours in gardens, interior design, visual art. It has been proven that colour plays a large role in our everyday attitude and psyche. In China, a study has proven that green (used in doctor's and dentist's waiting rooms) helps calm breathing, and red (prominent in most restaurant decor) increases desire and hunger. Think of what colours make you happy, then click on the link below the table! This past spring season was one of my absolute favourites and will probably play a role in my palette of colours for a while.



Click here to take a look at some other colour samples. Have fun!

reference: Fashiontribes.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...