Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy Halloween, Indy Fans!


(EGADS!  This didn't publish!  Damned this Auto-Publish option ...)

It's a great time of year when it comes to being anything you want for one day a year.  This year, I was a zombie at Toronto's Zombie Walk, with a few souveniers to remember the day.   The work-safe costume was the ever-popular Indiana Jones, this time with my official Indiana Jones plush whip that plays the theme song from a button on the handle.

Yup, I'm a geek.  More appropriately, fangirl.  Lemme show you my bunch of official Indiana Jones merchandise gifted and collected over the years.

:: Indiana Jones plush whip - press the button on the handle to play whip cracking sounds and Indy theme :: "Idaho Spuds" Mr. Potato Head, complete with golden idol, bullwhip and theme-playing fedora :: Remote control Giant Ant with Crystal Skull controls, from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ::


:: September 2008 issue of Vanity Fair featuring Harrison Ford and Shia LeBeouf (ech?) in costume and on set of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - great article! :: Han Solo backed by R2D2, for your consideration ::
:: Burger King toys from their kids' meals promoting Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull; Indy on top of a pyramid discovering the crystal skull beneath - press down on Indy for the sand to fall away, and a giant ant that surprises you when you open this crate, seemingly from the Area 51 warehouse ::
:: A little more difficult to photograph, but my favourite part of my collection, from the DVD realease.  Yes, of course I have the DVDs. ::

Certainly the favourite part of the costume is the hat.  I bought this hat in Black Market in downtown Toronto a few years ago and it was my happiest accessory purchase to date, I believe.  I love this hat, not only because of its reminiscence of my favourite hero, but the texture, fit, feel and colour of this hat was all right with me.  I can be Indy whenever I want, not just Halloween.

:: brown wool fedora, Black Market Vintage ::

Kids in costumes are so cute, especially when they're playing piano.  Here were a few brave students who trickled on Halloween night.  You'll find me in Indy regalia on the right.  You can check out all my 'zombie adventures' on The Pursuit - in the meantime, here's a little peek at the awesome... uh, gruesomeness.



Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...