Friday, March 18, 2011

Bead Stories in Pictures

So, I'm photographing away, bag o' beads after bag o' beads from my destash pile that I'll be listing on Etsy.  I've constructed a rudimentary 'white box' with natural sunlight, which is really helping capture a true colour representation.  I'm lining them up with the best features, excusable flaws, in groups, in pairs, in piles and all these fun configurations.  I had even included a prop; a white porcelain teacup from my Japanese tea set.  (It has the Japanese character for 'tea' on the side, hidden appropriately!)  It's pretty handy for keeping the smaller round beads together when I photograph them, especially when it's laying on its side.

The photos turned out really well!  The white made the colours and textures pop, and reflected light nicely around some tricky shadows.  Something else came from these photos, too - unexpectedly, I had created these little picture stories with the beads in the photos I took and ran with it.  These 'storyboards' were coming to life, putting personality into these little guys.

Here are a few of my favourites for you to enjoy!  Which one's your favourite story?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...